Gone Fishing was established in Punta Cana 16 years ago but it history begins much earlier; company is born from a wider field of fishing experience, Parasailing and charter Catamarans.
All of this experience shaped Gone Fishing into not only a great deep sea fishing company in Punta Cana but an outstanding service provider which continues to enhance the fishing experience, year after year.
- Gone Fishing started in 2004 with 2 Chris Craft 36’ sports fishers, SARABEL and LIZANGE. Both were completely overhauled and opened up to make the fishing a better and more comfortable experience.
- Over the time we have added fishing charters NOEMI and RAMONA, CHANTAL was added in March 2016, and JULYVETTE in September 2017. All together, we have 6 excellent charters for you and your friends to enjoy.
- The basis for the ongoing success of the business has been maintaining the quality of service; it’s a fun, easy going interactive experience in 16 years of operation.
- Our mission is to make your trip safe, enjoyable, memorable and to provide you with a good chance to catch that Marlin, Mahi Mahi, Wahoo, Sailfish, YellowFin Tuna…
“There are always new places to go fishing. For any fisherman, there’s always a new place, always a new horizon.”
What you should know about Gone Fishing
- Canadian owned and operated
- We own and operate our own boats with Dominican Flag (many sites just farm out your reservation to the lowest bidder)
- We have full Tourism license from the Ministerio de Turismo Republica Dominicana (Department of Tourism, Dominican Republic)
We are in the business of creating memories
- Exceptional customer service provided directly from the Jack, the Gone Fishing owner
- Professional, experienced crew, solid English and Spanish
- 100% user-friendly for the first-time fisherman, casual fisherman as well as for the experienced hard-core pro’s.
- Payment plans are available! Pay your trip in 3, 4 or more monthly rates. Seriously, who else is providing you payment plan for a private charters?
While you’re fighting (with a fish) and wear your arms out, we’re keeping you safe:
- All of our Captains and First Mates have First Aid and fire training
- Health and Safety Procedures in place to UK standards (very strict)
- Full liability Insurance
- Detailed explanation of the ocean conditions prior to boarding for your comfort
- Health and safety briefing given once on board
- All boats are equipped with all necessary safety devices including inflatable life rafts
“If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d by a shortage of fishing poles.”
We listen our guests; based on feedback from hundreds of fisherman we are constantly improving Gone Fishing experience.
Here is what our guests say in Tripadvisor reviews
Excellent fishing, great place, great people
I did two, four hour, trips with Gone Fishing in Punta Cana in the last two weeks. On the first we hooked and lost two fish in some very tough conditions. On the second we got six fish to the boat: two mahi mahi, a tuna and three barracuda. It was an excellent trip.
On both occasions the crew worked tirelessly and were great company.
I have no hesitation in recommending Gone Fishing and I’ll certainly be back there as soon as I get the chance.
Booking is quick and easy via the inquires area of their website and collection and drop off at your hotel makes travel to the boat simple and hassle free.
Many Thanks for a very enjoyable time everyone and tight lines!
Had a great time chasing marlin. The 90 minute fight was worth it even if the fish slipped the hook at the end. Anderson and Capt. Javier were super and hung in there with us throughout the entire time. We’ll surely check them out on our next trip to Punta Cana.
Gone fishing Punta Cana possibly the best deep sea fishing adventure we have ever had. Franklin and Wander was absolutely unbelievable in what they do they don’t stop working from the minute you board the boat till the minute you leave our trip put 9 mai mai and 1 barracuda on the boat thanks for everything guys you was unbelievable
WONDERFUL FISHING EXCURSION
We had a 6 person charter. We were picked up in a nice van with AC from our resort and taken directly to the dock. Wonder was kind, funny and very good at his job. He told us he has had 18 years experience fishing / guiding charters. Each of us caught at least 1 fish, most 2 or 3. We caught 11 Mahi and 4 Baracuda. Our captain Franklin was knowledgeable and found us the schools of Mahi. Once one line would set it would be 2,3,4 right after. Highly recommend this duo on your next trip to Punta Cana!
Great day fishing!
We had a great day of fishing with Wander and Franklin!
Jack runs a top notch business, from pick up to drop off everything was excellent. We enjoyed our fresh catch (mahi) at the local restaurant. It was amazing. We would highly recommend Gone Fishing! The whole staff is great! We have fished with them four times and have always caught fish. Planning to return in November to catch some sailfish!
This was a fantastic experience….I had my two 8 year old sons and my father in law with me, we booked a half day shared charter. Crew was excellent. First mate was Jose, he worked really hard to keep our lines out constantly. We caught 2 mahis (one was really big, >20lbs), a bonito, and a barracuda. Had a big Wahoo on as well late in the trip but it broke the line. Prior to the day, Jack was very helpful and very good communication about what to expect and how the day would go. The water is rough. Take something (Dramamine, Scopolamine patch, etc). Otherwise the weather was beautiful and it was a great time!!…would definitely recommend.
Best Fishing Trip Yet
From pick up, to an extra trip to retrieve a lost phone, this company is A+++
Fishing guide Little Dan was knowledgeable, described everything he was doing, and very upbeat.
The tour company themselves were very professional, the boat was immaculate, and could find no fault with this company.
Will be back to book with them again!!
Great fishing excursion!
This was our family’s first deep sea fishing experience. We took our 14yo daughter and 11yo son. We were very impressed with the overall experience, from making the reservation to the trip itself. Jack was very responsive by email and the trip was easy to book. He contacted us a few days before our scheduled day to let us know about some rough weather and we were able to reschedule for that afternoon he emailed us. He personally came to pick us up at our hotel.
Kevin was a wonderful first mate. He let the kids do as much as possible. We only had a few bites during our half-day trip, but our son was ecstatic to reel in a barracuda. Our daughter got a little seasick and Kevin helped make sure she was as comfortable as possible. We were also impressed by our captain JJ who did his best to find areas with more fish. We would highly recommend this operation and look forward to doing it again when we return to Punta Cana.
Awesome fishing trip – cannot go wrong with the folks at Gone Fishing.
Gone Fishing takes care of it all from start to finish. Not very often will you find the attention to detail like we did with this group. Quick to answer any questions which was a refreshing change from other outfits I have used.
We had a good day fishing, landing 8 dorado ( mahi-mahi ) 1 wahoo and 1 barracuda. Hooked up with a white marlin that we didn’t boat and another large Dorado that we had all the way to the boat. Great, fun trip and would do it again in a heart beat.